NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
IVGID is proposing a sewer and water rate increase, with an average increase on water rates of 3.6% and sewer rates of 3.3% for a total average utility rate increase of 3.4%; as well as amendments to its Sewer and Water Ordinances (IVGID Ordinance 2 and 4, respectively), including:
The key changes to the Sewer Ordinance #2 and Water Ordinance #4 are:
- Effective on May 1, 2017, all parcels proceeding through a building permit that changes the square footage or the mix of commercial and residential use on a single parcel will be evaluated as either commercial or domestic service and billed connection fees and water and sewer rates accordingly. Service that has both residential and commercial use shall be billed as a commercial service if the total square footage of the occupied building space is greater than 50% commercial. Service that has both residential and commercial use shall be billed as a residential service if the total square footage of the occupied building space is greater than 50% residential. Garages, sheds, and other auxiliary spaces are not used for this calculation.
- Mixed Use Service: Mixed use parcels may install two separate water services to separate the commercial from the domestic uses, and pay appropriate rates and connection fees for domestic and commercial service.
- Previously paid connection fees for service are non-refundable in all situations, including reversion to acreage.
- Exhibit A in Ordinances 2 & 4 – New Schedule of Service Charges.
- Exhibit B in Ordinances 2 & 4 – New Schedule of Connection Charges.
- Exhibit C in Ordinances 2 & 4 – No changes to Miscellaneous Fee Schedule.
Copies of the proposed ordinances are available at 893 Southwood Blvd., 1220 Sweetwater Road, and on our website at: www.yourtahoeplace.com/ivgid/resources/ivgid-ordinances
The public hearing will be held: Tuesday, April 25, 2016 not earlier than 6:00 pm and as soon thereafter as practicable at The Chateau, 955 Fairway Boulevard, Incline Village, Nevada
The 2017 Rate Study and Presentation which were presented to the BOT on February 8, 2017 are available on our website: www.yourtahoeplace.com/public-works/rates-billing/about-rates-billing. The documents detail our rate structure and why the rate increase is being proposed.
If you have any comments about the proposed changes to the Sewer or Water Ordinance, please contact us. You may:
Write Us a Letter: 893 Southwood Boulevard, Incline Village, Nevada 89451, Attn: Utility Ordinance Amendments
Give Us a Call: (775) 832-1100
Send Us a Fax: (775) 832-1331
Send Us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org