Celebrate the Recreation Center's 25th Anniversary with us!
Special 25th Anniversary Events
- 7/1 - Red White & Tahoe Blue Parade • 10:15am: Come see the 25th Anniversary float
- July-Nov 25th Day of the Month free access: Free Rec Center use for IVGID Pass Holders
- 8/25 - Zumba Party in the Gym • 12-1:30pm & Children’s Ice Cream Social on the Deck • 3:00-4-30pm
- 9/8 - Rec Center Member Appreciation BBQ • 3:30-5:30pm: Adult Rec Center Members only. RSVP required, call (775) 832-1300 & Backyard Band Ball • 6:30-9:30pm: Live music by Jacked Up on the backyard lawn. Adult IVGID Pass Holders only
- 9/9 - Youth 3 on 3 Basketball Tournament: Contact Shane Goddard 832-1322 / firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- 9/26-27 - Reverse Coed 4 on 4 Indoor Volleyball Tournament: Contact Shane Goddard 832-1322 / email@example.com to register
- 10/19 - Winter Sports Conditioning Class - Free Trial: IVGID Pass Holders only. Space is limited. RSVP required, call (775)832-1300
- 11/17 - 25th Anniversary Celebration • 6-8:30pm: Social, stories, snacks and stand-up comedian for invited guests and Rec Center: Members. RSVP required, call (775)832-1300
- 12/15 - Happy 25th Anniversary Rec Center! Special member treats all day long!
25th Anniversary Merchandise & Raffles
Visit the Rec Center Pro Shop to purchase a 25th Anniversary t-shirt, available in men's and women's styles. Attend 25th Anniversary events and enter into raffles for a chance to win special prizes including fitbits, 25th Anniversary t-shirts and 25th Anniversary engraved stainless steel Yeti tumblers.
History of the Recreation Center
Thirty-nine years ago, a vision for an indoor swimming pool and recreation center surfaced among Incline Village/Crystal Bay residents with the purpose of unifying the many recreation programs and services provided by the Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID). The community’s passion and commitment for this concept drove the dream to reality. After nearly thirteen years of discussion and planning, construction of the Recreation Center began. Residential 4B (formerly District 9) construction tax funds were used to help finance the construction of the Recreation Center, which opened on December 15, 1992. The parcel on which the Recreation Center was constructed was purchased by Washoe County and deeded to IVGID after construction was complete.
Today, the 37,000 square foot facility has become a thriving community recreation center. The Incline Village Recreation Center hosts more than 50 group fitness & aqua fitness classes weekly, including: Yoga, Strength Conditioning, Cardio Cycle, Zumba, TRX Suspension Training, 55+Fitness, Mat Pilates, Flexibility/Core, Liquid Cardio and more. Over the years, the Recreation Center added special amenities such as personal training, nutrition consultation, and massage therapy to enhance and promote health and wellness in the community. In addition, the popular swim lesson and swim team programs have grown stronger since their inception.
The Recreation Center is the hub of activities for all ages and abilities. Programs include youth and adult volleyball, basketball, indoor soccer, Tiny Timbers parent/ toddler gym time, Shotokan Karate, Five Peaks in Five Weeks, IVGID Health and Wellness Initiative Annual Fitness Challenges, BODYpow, and Wellness through the Arts (dance, music & art). Additionally, the Recreation Center is the proud host of special events including Trail of Treats & Terror, Underwater Egg Hunt, Cowgirl Poetry, Ghost of Mark Twain, and Easel & Wine events. It is also the home of IVGID Senior Programs, connecting our seniors through hiking, snowshoeing, social clubs, excursions and transportation.
The Incline Village Recreation Center adds beauty and value to the community and offers a safe place to play, socialize and recreate.
You Are Invited To Share Your Story
Share an experience of how the Incline Village Recreation Center has influence on your life and experience in the community. Let us know how long you have been a member by emailing PLB@ivgid.org.