Parks & Recreation:
The center will be closed for Thanksgiving Day (Thursday, 11/24) and open on Family day (Friday, 11/25) from 12:00pm - 5:00pm.
The center will be closed on Thursday, December 1 to repair a gas line.
The Dog Park committee is moving forward with the development of the community survey.
- IVGID offices will be closed Thursday, 11/24 and Friday, 11/25 in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
The following article demonstrates the high construction cost climate that currently exists and particularly in the Tahoe Basin. City Council rejects construction bids for rec, aquatic center, changes schedule | TahoeDailyTribune.com
PW congratulates the following individuals and teams that have been recognized by the California Water Supplier Association (CWSA):
- Kaylen Prior - Laboratory Person of the year
- Lisa Hoopes – Comm. Engagement & outreach person of the year
- WRRF – Plant of the Year (medium)
- Pipeline – Collections System of the Year (small)
Efforts in recruiting for open positions continue. Over the next two weeks, we have a number of interviews scheduled for currently open Public Works positions. Further, recruiting continues for the following year-round positions:
Buildings Maintenance II (Rec Center)
Fitness, Health, and Wellness Coordinator
Collection/Distribution Operator In Training
Public Works Maintenance I
Water/Wastewater Operator In Training; Op I-Op II
Seasonal positions with Ski Resort to include Food & Beverage