In this issue…
- Welcome Message from Shelia Leijon
- Diamond Peak updates
- Diamond Peak 2021/22 Ski Passes
- Diamonds in the Rough: Q&A With Female Patrollers
- IVGID Community Appreciation Week Photo Recap
- Specialty Ski Clinics Photo Recap & Testimonial
- Backcountry Safety Tips
- Incline Village Recreation Center
- Fitness, Health & Wellness Programs
- Senior Programs
- Adult Sports
- Kids Summer Camps
- Personal Trainer Tip: Cleaning The Clutter From Your Mind Incline Village Golf Update
- Tennis & Pickleball Update
- Finance & Accounting Update
- Public Works Update
- Waste Not Programs
- Facilities & Banquets: A Peek Into 2021 Wedding Trends
- Find a Fun Summer Job
- NLTFPD Fuels Management Projects
- IVGID's Board of Trustees
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay Neighborhood Map
- Heart of Incline Village/Crystal Bay Map
Welcome Message from Shelia Leijon
We can ALMOST claim, with a sigh of relief, that we see the craziness of 2020 in our rearview mirror. Spring is here. It is time to step outdoors, take a deep breath and remember that living in Lake Tahoe is a pleasure, in and of itself. As the saying goes: If you’re lucky enough to live in Incline Village/Crystal Bay, you’re lucky enough.
Perhaps this year more than ever, spring will be the time to GET OUTSIDE, rekindle warm-weather traditions and try something new!
To meet that end, the Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID) offers a plethora of activities that are world class and, quite literally, right here in our backyard. Whether you opt to up your health & wellness game at the Incline Village Recreation Center, play nine or 18 holes at one of two incredibly scenic golf courses, or soak up the sun indulging in endless water sports at one of Incline Village’s restricted-access beaches, you cannot go wrong.
If tennis or pickleball are your pleasure, check out IVGID’s newly-renovated Tennis & Pickleball Center. To top off the list, clinics, camps and program offerings for all ages have been created and await your enjoyment and pleasure.
In addition to these traditional pastimes, check out the activities housed in Incline’s Recreation Corridor. Boasting acres of open space for you and your family to enjoy, many of these family-friendly facilities have been sponsored through private/public partnerships and are maintained by IVGID’s Parks team. They include:
- 18-station Fit Trail
- The Robert & Robin Holman Family Bike Park
- The Lyons Club Disc Golf Course
- The Earth Walk Interpretive Creek Trail
- A 5k run/walk weaving through the creeks and adjacent forest
- The Village Green
- The Incline Village Skate Park
- Four regulation bocce ball courts
- Ridgeline Field and Incline Parks fields 1 & 2
In my new role as the Superintendent of Parks & Recreation, I look forward to working with an incredible team of engaged, passionate professionals. From Public Works to Finance, IT to Community Services, we are "One District, One Team," working with the goal of ensuring the District's assets are managed and maintained in the best interest of community stakeholders.
As the warmth of spring settles you into nature, I encourage all of you to reflect on the reasons you made Incline Village/Crystal Bay home. While you’re out enjoying all the District has to offer, remember to drink Tahoe Tap – some of the cleanest, purest water in the world.
As we round the corner to summer, don’t let 2021-22 winter fun slip your mind. Hop online and purchase your Diamond Peak season pass now during the Early-Bird sale (through April 30).
The more we become involved with and celebrate the positive aspects of our community, the more we come to appreciate this place we call “Tahome.”
IVGID Superintendent of Parks & Recreation
Visit: Inclinetahoe.org for information on supporting community events, programs and facilities through Private/Public Partnerships.