- Welcome Message from Tim Callicrate
- About The Parks & Recreation Counter: Staff Spotlight: Parks & Recreation Counter Staff And Recreation Center Greeters
- Aquatics Programs
- Fall Sports
- Senior Programs
- Events You Won't Want To Miss
- About the Incline Village Recreation Center
- Recreation Center Update
- Summer Camps & Sports Photo Review
- Leave Only Footprints: Stream Zone Etiquette
- Tennis & Pickleball: Fall Programs, Staff Spotlight: Basia Phillips, Tennis Tip: The Spin Game, Pickleball Tip: The Lob - Love it or Lose it
- Incline Village Golf: Midsummer Update, Club Fitting, Nine & Wine photos
- Public Works Update: Staff Spotlight: Kate Nelson
- Diamond Peak Ski Resort: Summer on the Slopes photos, Join the Season Pass Family & PassCash Tip
- IVCBA Updates
- IVGID's Board of Trustees
- Incline Village Facilities
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay Map
- Heart of Incline Village/Crystal Bay Map
Welcome Message from Tim Callicrate:
It seems incredible that as I write this column we are already approaching mid-August 2021! Where has the summer gone? Hopefully our property owners, residents and guests have been enjoying all of our community owned recreational amenities: the recently renovated Tennis & Pickleball Center and new bocce courts; our top flight golf courses and clubhouses; our beaches, ball fields and rec center and the entire area’s hiking and biking trails. If you haven’t yet been down to Burnt Cedar Beach to see the progress on the pool renovation, you’re missing out! It will be a tremendous improvement to our aquatic facilities. Along with the addition of an overdue connector path between the east and west portions of the entire beach, Burnt Cedar will have greater flexibility in the use of its picnic and recreation opportunities.
Speaking of beaches, it’s been discussed at the Board level that we revisit the Beaches Master Plan. This will give our Community the opportunity to openly discuss and prioritize much needed improvements at all four of our beaches:
- Burnt Cedar: Enhanced picnic sites, west end bathrooms/concessions, parking and access/egress points
- Incline Beach: New beach house, picnic areas, parking and access/egress points
- Ski Beach: Picnic areas, boat ramp and access/egress points
- Hermit Beach: Kayak/paddleboard storage
These are just some of the existing plans but there are certainly more options open for discussion.
So, as we move towards a change of seasons, the Board will continue to update the Community on Ordinance 7 changes and prioritizations, enhancements to the strategic plan, funding for the Effluent Pipeline and pond lining projects as well as the successes of transitioning the district to Enterprise Fund accounting.
I would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to everyone for continued patience as we have navigated through some rough waters of transition and times as a result of the impacts of a worldwide pandemic! It is a challenge during normal times but has been extremely trying these past several months. Please join with me in extending a tremendous thank you to our dedicated employees who’ve been stalwart in their attention to safety, service and satisfaction to our Community. I also want to commend our District General Manager, Indra Winquest and his senior management team for continuing to show strong leadership and dedication through these adverse times.
It is quite a testament to the property owners, residents and guests of Incline Village/Crystal Bay that we have been able to maintain and even flourish during these very challenging and difficult times.
What a great community!!
Tim Callicrate - Chairmain of the IVGID Board of Trustees