IVGID Quarterly June 2021
- Welcome Message from Darren Howard
- Incline Village Recreation Center Updates
- Summer 2021 Recreational Programs:
- Youth Specialty Camps
- Adult Sports
- Aquatics Summer Programs
- Senior Programs
- Guide to IVGID Passes
- Beaches & Watercraft Information
- Tennis & Pickleball Center Updates
- Incline Village Golf Updates
- New Staff Spotlights
- Outdoor Fun: Venue Users Testimonials
- Venue Spotlight: Aspen Grove
- Public Works Update
- Local Heroes 4th of July Parade
- Leave Only Your Footprint
- IVGID's Board of Trustees
- Incline Village/Crystal Bay Neighborhood Map
- Heart of Incline Village/Crystal Bay Map
Welcome Message from Darren Howard:
Time to Get Back To Normal
Spring has arrived and it’s time to start getting out and enjoying all that Incline Village and Crystal Bay have to offer. One of the great summer enjoyments comes from golf and we have two great options here. The Championship Course for those who like a challenge and the Mountain Course for those who like great views and shorter shots, but don’t be fooled as this course is also challenging!
Jeff Clouthier and his staff worked hard over the off-season and I think everyone will be pleasantly surprised at how good the courses are after a very challenging winter.
Senior Head Professional, Kyle Thornburg and Mountain Course Head Professional, Ashley Wood were also busy planning for what we hope will be a closer to normal golf season. Most of you will notice some new smiling, friendly faces this season and our management staff is busy training them on how to deliver the best possible customer service to you and your guests.
This spring, our plans were to open as close as possible to normal operations including
- Regular tee times with 12 minute intervals at the Championship Course.
- Two golfers to a cart (carts with dividers are available upon request).
- Coolers available on the golf carts.
- Staff is available to load your golf bags on the carts and unload and clean your clubs following the round.
- Beverage cart service is fully reinstated. (Championship Course)
- Normal tee time bookings as in years past.
- All players will be required to guarantee their tee time with a credit card. This will only be required the first time you book.
Please check www.GolfIncline.com for updates and changes that may occur throughout the season.
Food and beverage operations are up and running at the snack bars and The Grille at The Chateau. Reservations at The Grille are currently not required but are strongly recommended. The Grille is also offering curbside takeout during lunch (11am-4pm) for those who want to limit contact.
Some health and safety restrictions will still remain this summer, such as smaller class sizes for Get Golf Ready, junior golf programming and specialty clinics. Please refer to www. GolfIncline.com and/or subscribe to our golf email newsletter for more details.
Lastly, I’m not sure how many people realize this, but the Incline Village General Improvement District will be celebrating 60 years of being a GID this summer. This will be a year of celebration and reflecting on all that has been accomplished at IVGID over the last 60 years.
I hope to see you out enjoying the golf courses, beaches, parks, Recreation Center, newly-remodeled Tennis & Pickleball Center, hiking trails, and everything else this amazing place has to offer.
Keep it Simple,
Director of Golf and Community Services