At the end of the 2018 season, the Clubhouse sustained major fire damage from a fire that broke out in the kitchen in the middle of the night. The interior was painted and the floors were carpeted to get the course open for the 2019 season but there is major work needed to restore the kitchen and make upgrades for ADA accessibility.
Details and updates about the Mountain Course Clubhouse renovation will be posted on this page so check back periodically.
Project History & Updates
- August 2018: On August 11, 2018, a fire occurred in the Mountain Course Clubhouse which completely decimated the kitchen area. Smoke damage was incurred throughout the facility, which in turn affects walls, flooring and mechanical systems.
- Fall 2018: Meetings with golf club members to discuss potential improvements including a makeover of the floor plan, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility to the lower level, a new and expanded deck and the installation of new windows and doors.
- December 2018: At the December 12, 2018 Board of Trustees meeting, the District General Manager presented the conceptual design of the Mountain Course Clubhouse Renovation Project. The Board approved the conceptual design and Staff proceeded with final design.
- May 2019: At the May 22, 2019 Board of Trustees meeting, the Board accepted the Mountain Course Clubhouse Renovation Project final design and authorized Staff to publically advertise for construction bids the Mountain Course Clubhouse Renovation Project.
- June 2019: The District publicly advertised this project for bidding on June 21, 2019 and plan sets were acquired by interested bidders.
- August 2019: At the August 2, 2019 Board of Trustee meeting, the Board approved the motion to award the construction contract to Houston Smith Construction Inc. and enter into an Additional Services Addendum with Smith Design Group for services during construction of the project.
- September, 15 2019: Closing day at the Mountain Course. Read more about the early closing.
- September 16, 2019: Construction begins on outdoor grading and excavation to complete prior to the October 15, 2019 Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) deadline.
- Winter 2019-20: Interior construction with a final completion date of April 15, 2020.