Dave Norehad has studied and taught Tai Chi for over 12 years under the guidance of Master Willie Lim of Classical Dimensions, based in Arizona. Dave’s Tai Chi Chuan l Chi Gung Training will focus on the Yang style short form, developed and introduced to the western world by Master Cheng Man Ching over 50 years ago. Dave is a third generation student/trainer in the lineage of Master Cheng and is also an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Fitness Instructor.
Some benefits of Tai Chi include:
- Maintain strength, flexibility & balance. A study at Emory University found that those who practice Tai Chi reduce fall rates by 40%.
- Slow the aging process. Harvard Medical School refers to Tai Chi as “Medication in Motion” due to its value in treating many health issues related to aging.
- Improve stress response. Those who practice Tai Chi show a healthier response to the stressful demands of everyday life, business and interpersonal relationships.
Tai Chi Chuan Program Details
- Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Where: Incline Recreation Center Gym
- Time: 10:00 a.m - 11:00 a.m
- Dates: 11/2 - 12/14, no class 11/23, 11/25, or 11/30
- Price per session: $18, $15 w/ IVGID Pass or current Rec Center members
- Punch card: 11 sessions for $180/$150 w/ IVGID pass or Rec Center members
Note: This program is ongoing and as such the days, times, and location may change throughout the year
Face coverings and physical distancing are required for this program and throughout IVGID operations. We appreciate your cooperation.
Incline Village Recreation Center: 980 Incline Way, 775-832-1310
For more information contact Dave at 530-412-2015 or TaiChi@davenorehad.com