Dave Norehad has studied and taught Tai Chi for over 12 years under the guidance of Master Willie Lim of Classical Dimensions, based in Arizona. Dave’s Tai Chi Chuan l Chi Gung Training will focus on the Yang style short form, developed and introduced to the western world by Master Cheng Man Ching over 50 years ago. Dave is a third generation student/trainer in the lineage of Master Cheng and is also an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Fitness Instructor.
Some benefits of Tai Chi include:
- Maintain strength, flexibility & balance. A study at Emory University found that those who practice Tai Chi reduce fall rates by 40%.
- Slow the aging process. Harvard Medical School refers to Tai Chi as “Medication in Motion” due to its value in treating many health issues related to aging.
- Improve stress response. Those who practice Tai Chi show a healthier response to the stressful demands of everyday life, business and interpersonal relationships.
Tai Chi Chuan Program Details
- Days: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays
- Where: Virtual
- Time: 11:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m
- Dates: Ongoing
Face coverings and physical distancing are required for this program and throughout IVGID operations. We appreciate your cooperation.
Pre-registration is required. Register by calling 775.832.1310, or by visiting the recreation center (980 Incline Way).
Incline Village Recreation Center: 980 Incline Way, 775-832-1310
For more information contact Dave at 530-412-2015 or TaiChi@davenorehad.com