MEETING SYNOPSIS- INCLINE VILLAGE GENERAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Incline Village General Improvement District Board of Trustees
Sara Schmitz, Chair
Matthew Dent, Vice Chair
Raymond Tulloch, Treasurer
Michaela Tonking, Secretary
Dave Noble, Trustee
HELD IN INCLINE VILLAGE ON January 10, 2024
*Viewing available by clicking the link and choosing BOT Meeting 01.10.2024 at https://livestream.com/accounts/3411104
The Board of Trustees received the following Reports:
1. Interim General Manager Mike Bandelin provided the Board with the monthly venue status reports that included highlights on the following items:Tyler implementation project status, General Manager recruitment update provided in the Human Resource update, and the status of the media access gate at Burnt Cedar Beach. Mr. Bandelin went on to encourage members of the community to complete the domestic water pipe lead and copper rule survey, to assist with the inventory of the project. The survey can be found at this link
Interim General Manager Bandelin also updated the board and community that NV Energy had returned an executed amendment to restate the Diamond Peak License Agreement between Diamond Peak and NV Energy will not include any helicopter operation. Staff and counsel will prepare the document to be released to the community when requested.
The February GM Report will include the Facilities, Food and Beverage venue status update.
Trustee Michaela Tonking requested a copy of the updated Amazon Purchasing policy, and went on to ask the Interim General Manager and Interim Finance Director Bobby Magee to explain the price increase for the Forensic Audit. The contract is now not to exceed the amount of $350,000.00, originally estimated at $160,000.00. Following Board and staff discussion the Board requested that the contract for the Forensic Audit contract return to the Board for discussion and possible action at a Special Board meeting to be scheduled.
2. Director of Information Technology Mike Gove gave a brief presentation on the New District Public Records Request Portal offered by NextRequest. Mr. Gove explained that in the districts, continued efforts to improve transparency and engagement with community members, staff sought out possible improvements to the districts' current public records request process. During that time, NextRequest was discovered and vetted. NextRequest is a future-focused service used to manage public records requests from submittal through delivery as well as a central hosting location that is easily accessible to all community members. He further explained how the portal works and how to submit a request.
**Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID) is excited to announce that the district has launched a new portal to securely accept, process, track, and fulfill Public Records Requests. We would like to invite you to visit and use the new Public Records Portal located on the IVGID Website and can also be accessed by clicking on the link provided: https://ivgid.nextrequest.com/requests
3. Interim Public Works Director Kate Nelson provided a report and updated project tracking sheet that is used by the Public Works/ Engineering Department to move projects along.
She then updated the Board on two priority projects, the Incline Beach House project, and the Skate Park Enhancement project.
1) The Incline Beach House RFQ was released on November 16, 2023, and was due on December 19th. Public Works received a total of four proposals. The selection committee has ranked the proposals and firms were notified on January 9th. The Technical Proposal and Interviews are scheduled between February 6th and 8th, and the Design Build Team selection will occur in mid-February. Public Works will return to the Board on February 28, 2024, to request approval of the Design Build Team to move forward with the 30% schematic designs.
2) The Skate Park Enhancement Project Request for Proposals (RFP) will be released on Friday, January 12, 2024, and will be due in mid-February. The Selection Committee will select the Design-Build Firm on or around February 23, 2024. Public Works anticipates bringing this project before the Board on March 13, 2024, to request approval to award the Design Build.
Trustee Tonking asked Trustee Tulloch to provide information in regard to the Capital Investment Committee's role in Capital Projects.
Trustee Tulloch explained that the Capital Investment Committees' role in Capital Projects is to review the final proposals and do an analysis prior to the projects being brought before the Board to ensure that all information is complete.
4. Interim Director of Public Works provided a brief report to update the Board on the Utility Master Plan. She stated that staff has received a 90% plan of both water and wastewater from the consultant, on December 22, 2023.
That staff has been reviewing those plans and comments are due back to the consultant Friday, January 12, 2024. The final Master Plan for both water and wastewater is scheduled to be due on February 23, 2024. A presentation and summary of the Utility Master Plan will be provided by the consultant at the regularly scheduled Board of Trustees meeting on April 10, 2024.
5. Marketing Manager Paul Raymore provided a brief update and report to the Board regarding the IVGID Magazine Reader Survey Results.
6. Treasurer Trustee Tulloch and Interim Director of Finance Bobby Magee presented the December 2023 District Treasurer report.
7. The Board of Trustees unanimously approved the appointment of Mike Lefrancois to the Capital Investment Committee.
8. The Board unanimously approved a contract award with First Nonprofit, a third-party administrator for unemployment claims, with an annual contract amount of $212,700.00 for the calendar year 2024.
9. The Board unanimously approved the draft budget calendar outline which was designed and structured to give insight as to the process of preparing the annual budget providing comments as appropriate, as modified by the Board; and file the draft budget calendar; and propose a future date of before the end of January 2024, for a potential special Board of Trustees meeting for Kevin Lyons, of Governance Sciences Inc., to review and discuss the results of the FlashVote Priorities Survey as part of a Board Strategic Budget Planning and Capital Improvement 5-Year Plan.
10. The Board in a 3 to 1 vote, authorized the activation of the vacant District Purchasing and Contract Administrator Position; and approved the change of the position title from District Purchasing and Contract Administrator to Purchasing and Contracts Manager; The Board additionally approved the set Salary Range for the Purchasing and Contracts Manager Position at Grade 33; and further directed the finance team to add the final estimated funding for the position to a future 2022-23 Finance Department budget augmentation request; and transfer the Public Works Contracts Administrator II position to the Finance Department
11. The Board provided feedback to the Human Resources Director Erin Feore, with suggested changes to the General Manager employment agreement and job description template and requested that this item return to the Board at a special meeting to be scheduled for Thursday, January 25, 2024.
Human Resources will be scheduling interviews for possible General Manager Candidates for the first week of February.
12. The Board did not to approve the Professional Service Agreement with HDR Engineering for an updated water and sewer rate study for 2024 in the amount of $41,865.00.
The Board requested that the Interim Director of Public Works, Kate Nelson bring back the previously adopted study rate chart for approval of the proposed year 2 rates.
13. The Board of Trustees did not approve the contract with Best, Best, and Krieger LLP., for legal services for the period of January 1, 2024, through December 31, 2026. The Board designated Trustee Tonking as a liaison to work with BBK Law to negotiate the modifications to the BBK agreement as discussed.
14. The Board approved the following Trustee Liaison Assignments: Trustee Dent – Construction projects and FlashVote Trustee Tulloch – Public Works and Chair of the Capital Improvement/Investment Committee Trustee Tonking – Parks and Recreation and Chair of the Golf Committee Trustee Schmitz – Beaches, contracts and pickle ball Trustee Noble - Diamond Peak Ski Resort The board will need additional information in order to consider possible assignments of Trustee(s) as a liaison(s) to additional external agencies that may impact the District such as TRPA, Washoe County Planning Commission, NV Energy.
15. LONG RANGE CALENDAR
The Following Items will be scheduled for future meetings and have been added to the Board of Trustees Long Range Calendar
Special Meeting Items – January 25, 2024 Review Flash Vote Survey Results Approve an amendment to the Job Description for the Contract to General Manager Position Last week, in February, a special meeting - Interview Potential General Manager Candidates
The Special Meeting of the Incline Village General Improvement District Board of Trustees will be held starting at 4:30 PM 6:00 P.M. on January 31, 2024, in the Boardroom, 893 Southwood Boulevard, Incline Village, Nevada.
Public comment is allowed and the public is welcome to make their public comment via telephone at (877)853-5247 (the webinar ID will be posted to our website on the day of the meeting). The meeting will be available for viewing at https://livestream.com/accounts/3411104.
Additional Long Range Items to be added IVGID Magazine - Staff to bring potential recommendation of content to the Magazine Legal Non-Meeting regarding the Contract for the Forensic Due Diligence Audit January 25 - District Clerk to assist in Scheduling. Administrative Building Requirements and needs (analysis) Consolidation of Meeting Minutes for Advisory Boards
The Incline Village Board of Trustees January 10th meeting adjourned at 9:18 P.M.