In January 2010, IVGID embarked on its first investment in solar energy production with the installation of a large-scale photovoltaic array on the roof of the Public Works facility.
- 150 Evergreen Solar Photovoltaic 205 watt Panels
- 27 kilowatt system capacity
- Up to 47,304 kilowatt hours (kWh) produced annually
- 2,540 sq. ft. of solar panel surface
- Provides 25% of the power needed for the building’s daytime operations
- $6,284 annual energy cost reduction
- Project cost: $321,000 (District capital $186,000 + $135,000 rebate from NV Energy’s Solar Generations Program)
- 54,000 pounds of CO2 avoided annually
- This is the largest solar array in Incline Village, NV
As a grid-tied system, any excess energy produced is returned to the main electrical grid via reverse metering. This system functions without battery storage.