New Trash Collection for Incline Village and Crystal Bay
Changes to trash and recycling collection will become effective October 1, 2016. Carts will be delivered between September 12 to September 23. See the documents below for additional information on the upcoming changes.
- Waste Management - Introducing Your New Trash, Recycling and Yard Waste Service
- New Trash Collection for Incline Village and Crystal Bay
- Solid Waste Changes FAQ's
- Bear Shed Rebate FY 2016/17
Solid Waste Changes
At the IVGID Board of Trustees on July 7, 2016 the new Solid Waste Franchise Agreement with Waste Management was approved by the Board of Trustees. The proposed services were developed by the Solid Waste Committee based on feedback received from our community.
- July 7, 2016 Board Packet with Memo, Proposed Franchise Agreement and Presentation (pdf)
- July 7, 2016 Livestream broadcast (video)
- Solid Waste Changes for Residential Service (pdf)
GM Committee on Solid Waste Presentation to the Board
On Wednesday, February 24, 2016 the General Manager Committee on Solid Waste presented the proposed service changes to the Board of Trustees based on the feedback it reviewed from the community.
- February 24, 2016 Board Packet with Memo, Presentation and Community Comments (pdf)
- February 24, 2016 Livestrem broadcast (video)
Let's Talk Trash Community Forum
On Monday, January 25, 2016 IVGID held a community forum on solid waste services (refuse containerization, recycling and yard waste). The General Manager's Solid Waste Committee evaluated the community’s needs for trash and recycling services as well as the solid waste franchise agreement. Thank you for providing your suggestions on the service options which were important to you.
- Let's Talk Trash, slide presentation, January 25, 2016 (pdf)
- Let's Talk Trash, Livestream broadcast, January 25, 2016 (video)