IVGID's HHW is open by scheduled appointments only. Appointments are available to book online at this website (IVGIDHHW.com).
Incline Village and Crystal Bay residents may make an appointment to drop off household hazardous waste (HHW) and used electronics at the IVGID Waste Not HHW and E-Waste Center for proper disposal. For program details please view the Household Hazardous Waste/E-Waste Information Flyer (PDF).
No open hours, drop-ins, or same-day appointments. Make an appointment on the IVGID Public Works Schedulicity page or click the button below. Appointments are available on Tuesdays and can be scheduled up to two weeks in advance.
Alternative Options (Call for pricing, restrictions, and availability):
- Hazardous Materials (curbside pick up available [including TVs]): Hero Environmental (775) 900-4376
- Electronic Waste (including TVs and CRT monitors): Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions (775) 690-9348
Arrival & Directions
- Location: 1220 Sweetwater Road, Incline Village, Nevada
- Turn into the driveway labeled "Public Works Facility" on the left above the Waste Management Transfer Station / Yard. Follow signs for “Waste Not” to the top of the upper parking area.
- Turn off engine after you park.
- Present your identification (valid IVGID Card or Driver’s license with Incline Village or Crystal Bay address listed)
- Use caution at all times.
- Absolutely No Smoking.
- All items must be labeled and in the original container.
- Proof of residency in Incline Village or Crystal Bay, Nevada is required.
- Drop-in requests outside of program hours will be refused.
- We are an idle free zone (please turn off your engine when you park).
- You must physically remove the items being dropped-off from your vehicle.
- Bags of unorganized, leaky and unlabeled items will be refused.
- DO NOT leave anything unattended, staff must review all items being dropped-off.
- Gasoline of any type must be dropped-off in a Department of Transportation (DOT) – Approved container as defined by OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926.152(a)(1), NO EXCEPTIONS. Staff must take the gasoline container for proper disposal in order to maintain compliance with our hauler’s requirements (there is nowhere to pour it out).
Tips & More Information
- Plan ahead to avoid construction areas and school zones. Exercise patience if traffic is congested.
- Expect to drive your vehicle in reverse in a parking lot setting.
- Use clean and sturdy cardboard boxes or reusable rigid crates.
- Do not transport waste items in your vehicle if stormy, icy or snowy conditions exist.
- Keep all contents in an upright and stable position that will minimize or eliminate shifting of materials.
- Make sure all items are secure and/or tied down as far away from the driver and vehicle occupants as possible.
- Ventilation is important to human health and safety, please roll down or crack a window in your vehicle to assure you and all vehicle occupants have access to fresh air.
Accepted Items Include
Acids, aerosols, ammonia-based cleaners, bug spray, batteries, circuit boards, cleaning products, computer parts and accessories, disinfectants, drain cleaners, epoxies, fertilizers, fire extinguishers, flammable liquids, fluorescent bulbs, gasoline (in a DOT – Approved Container), glue, herbicides, kerosene, lye, microwaves, mothballs, oxidizers, oil and latex paint, paint thinner, pesticides, photo chemicals, poisons, polish, printers, propane (5-pounds max), rust remover, sealant, smoke alarms, solvents, spa chemicals, telephones, thermostats and wires.
Items Not Accepted
For items we are unable to accept please refer to our Community Recycling Guide.
- Waste from Businesses and Quantities over 50 lbs
- Graymar Environmental Services | (775) 857-8554
- Hero Environmental Services | (775) 900-4376
- Televisions, CRT Monitors and Bulky Electronics
- Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions | (775) 391-1319
- Large Household Appliances, Refrigerant, Medical Sharps, Automotive Batteries, Engine Oil and Antifreeze/Coolant
- Waste Management Transfer Station | (775) 831-2971
- Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives and Flares
- North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District | (775) 831-0351
- Vitamins and Pharmaceuticals
- Crush, Don't Flush - Washoe County Health District (link)
- Printer Ink, Hover Boards, Electric Scooters/Bikes/Mowers/Blowers and Solar Panels
- Contact Manufacturer
- Incandescent/Halogen/LED Light Bulbs, XMAS Lights and Empty or Dry Paint/Product Cans
Quick Links and Additional Information
- EPA Household Hazardous Waste Management
- EPA Information on HHW
- Household Products Database (part of the National Institutes of Health & National Library of Medicine)
- Northern Nevada Recycling Guide
- What Can Be Recycled?: A List of 200+ Items
- Waste Management of Crystal Bay and Incline Village - Trash & Recycling Collection Information
Got Paint? Paint Hardener Packets now Available
As an alternative to latex/acrylic paint drop-off, IVGID Public Works is now offering free packets of Xsorb Rock Solid Paint Hardener. It is a powder you add to latex and acrylic house paint, which accelerates the process of drying out the leftover paint in the can. Once dry, the hardened paint can be disposed of in the trash. Latex paint is not technically a hazardous waste, but it can destroy the biological processes happening in the District’s wastewater treatment plant if dumped down the home plumbing drain. Latex paint recycling is only successful with full containers and is a significant program cost for the community’s Household Hazardous Waste program. So save yourself the hassle of scheduling an appointment to drop off half empty paint cans and come get the free paint hardener packets. Paint hardener packets can be picked up from the self-serve bins outside the main doors to the Public Works building or outside the Household Hazardous Waste trailer during Public Works Operating hours. View current hours of operation.
Oil based paints and paint solvents are flammable and toxic, so these should always be brought in (by appointment) for proper disposal.
IVGID Public Works: 1220 Sweetwater Road, Incline Village, Nevada | (775) 832-1203