WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEVISIONS OR CRT SCREENS
For program details please view the Household Hazardous Waste/E-Waste Information Flyer.
Did you know that each person in the United States produces an average of 4 pounds of household hazardous waste each year for a total of about 530,000 tons per year in the USA? The average U.S. household produces more than 20 pounds of household hazardous waste per year. As much as 100 pounds can accumulate in the home, often remaining there until the residents move out or conduct an extensive cleanout.
Always try to use up the entire hazardous product and opt for safe alternatives in the future!
Incline Village and Crystal Bay residents may drop off household hazardous waste (HHW) and used electronics at the IVGID Waste Not HHW and E-Waste Center for proper disposal.
Turn into the driveway labeled "Public Works Facility" on the left above the Waste Management Transfer Station / Yard. Follow signs for “Waste Not” to the top of the upper parking area. The Waste Not HHW and E-Waste Center is a tan-colored container located to the left (west side) of the IVGID Public Works front door.
November 1 to January 31: WINTER HOURS: Tuesday and Thursday 3:00PM to 4:30PM
February 1 to October 31: STANDARD HOURS: Tuesday and Thursday 3:00PM to 5:00PM
Appointments outside of normal operating hours are accepted with 48-Hour notice minimum, weekday-availability only. Please call (775) 832-1284 to make an appointment request.
The IVGID Waste Not HHW and E-Waste Center will be closed during Severe Weather Conditions (includes lightning strikes and impassable roads due to accumulated snowfall).
Contact the Public Works Front Desk at (775) 832-1203 to get UP TO DATE SITE INFORMATION.
The site is also closed on official holidays, Thanksgiving Week and Christmas Week.
- Absolutely No Smoking.
- All items must be labeled and in the original container.
- Proof of residency in Incline Village or Crystal Bay, Nevada is required.
- Drop-in requests outside of program hours will be refused, please call (775) 832-1284 to request an appointment outside of normal operations with 48-Hour notice minimum, weekdays only.
- We are an idle free zone (please turn off your engine when you park).
- You must physically remove the items being dropped-off from your vehicle.
- Bags of unorganized, leaky and unlabeled items will be refused.
- DO NOT leave anything unattended, staff must review all items being dropped-off.
- Gasoline of any type must be dropped-off in a Department of Transportation (DOT) – Approved container as defined by OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926.152(a)(1), NO EXCEPTIONS. Staff must take the gasoline container for proper disposal in order to maintain compliance with our hauler’s requirements (there is nowhere to pour it out).
- Empty or dry paint cans, incandescent/halogen/LED lightbulbs, Christmas lights, all forms of media, excess cardboard and anything that is considered landfill waste will be refused.
- Staff has the right to refuse excessive quantities (over 50 lbs.) or commercial customers. Exceptions are made on customer-by-customer basis. Commercial Customers and Patrons with large quantities that cannot make multiple trips are directed to Clean Harbors in Sparks. Clean Harbors is located at 1200 Marietta Way, Sparks, Nevada. Contact customer service at Clean Harbors for more information: 775-624-8060
- Televisions and CRT monitors CANNOT be accepted due to facility restrictions. Customers with such items are directed to Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions in Sparks. Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions is located at 725 Greg Street, Sparks, Nevada. Please contact customer service for updated rates: (775) 391-1319.
Tips for Transportation:
- Plan ahead to avoid construction areas and school zones.
- Use clean and sturdy cardboard boxes or reusable rigid crates.
- Do not transport waste items in your vehicle if stormy, icy or snowy conditions exist.
- Keep all contents in an upright and stable position that will minimize or eliminate shifting of materials.
- Make sure all items are secure and/or tied down as far away from the driver and vehicle occupants as possible.
- Ventilation is important to human health and safety, please roll down or crack a window in your vehicle to assure you and all vehicle occupants have access to fresh air.
Tips for Arriving Onsite:
- Use caution at all times.
- Exercise patience if traffic is congested.
- Expect to drive your vehicle in reverse in a parking lot setting.
- Please have proof of residency ready to present to a staff member.
Houshold Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste Drop-off is FREE for District Residents
Accepted Items Include:
Acids, aerosols, ammonia-based cleaners, bug spray, batteries, circuit boards, cleaning products, computer parts and accessories, disinfectants, drain cleaners, epoxies, fertilizers, fire extinguishers, flammable liquids, fluorescent bulbs, gasoline (in a DOT – Approved Container), glue, herbicides, kerosene, lye, mothballs, oxidizers, oil and latex paint, paint thinner, pesticides, photo chemicals, poisons, polish, printers, propane (5-pounds max), rust remover, sealant, smoke alarms, solvents, spa chemicals, telephones, thermostats and wires.
Items Not Accepted:
Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Automotive Batteries, Large Appliances, Microwaves, Refrigerant and Sharps Waste.
- Contact Waste Management at (775) 831-2971 to dispose of these materials.
- Televisions and CRT monitors CANNOT be accepted due to facility restrictions. Customers with such items are directed to Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions in Sparks. Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions is located at 725 Greg Street, Sparks, Nevada. Please contact customer service for updated rates: (775) 391-1319
- Television and CRT Monitor Recycling Information
IVGID Waste Not does not accept pharmaceuticals but can educate you on how to properly dispose of them by clicking on the following link: Crush, Don’t Flush.
For items we are unable to accept please refer to our Community Recycling Guide.