Open by Appointment Only
No open hours, drop-ins, or same day appointments.
Required for Service:
Identification (valid IVGID Card or Driver’s license with IV or CB listed)
Face mask and adherence to social distancing guidelines
WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEVISIONS OR CRT SCREENS
For program details please view the Household Hazardous Waste/E-Waste Information Flyer.
Incline Village and Crystal Bay residents may drop off household hazardous waste (HHW) and used electronics at the IVGID Waste Not HHW and E-Waste Center for proper disposal.
Houshold Hazardous Waste and Electronic Waste Drop-off is FREE for District Residents
Turn into the driveway labeled "Public Works Facility" on the left above the Waste Management Transfer Station / Yard. Follow signs for “Waste Not” to the top of the upper parking area.
The IVGID Waste Not HHW and E-Waste Center will be closed during winter.
Contact the Public Works Front Desk at (775) 832-1203 to get UP TO DATE SITE INFORMATION.
- Absolutely No Smoking.
- All items must be labeled and in the original container.
- Proof of residency in Incline Village or Crystal Bay, Nevada is required.
- Drop-in requests outside of program hours will be refused.
- We are an idle free zone (please turn off your engine when you park).
- You must physically remove the items being dropped-off from your vehicle.
- Bags of unorganized, leaky and unlabeled items will be refused.
- DO NOT leave anything unattended, staff must review all items being dropped-off.
- Gasoline of any type must be dropped-off in a Department of Transportation (DOT) – Approved container as defined by OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926.152(a)(1), NO EXCEPTIONS. Staff must take the gasoline container for proper disposal in order to maintain compliance with our hauler’s requirements (there is nowhere to pour it out).
Tips for Transportation:
- Plan ahead to avoid construction areas and school zones.
- Use clean and sturdy cardboard boxes or reusable rigid crates.
- Do not transport waste items in your vehicle if stormy, icy or snowy conditions exist.
- Keep all contents in an upright and stable position that will minimize or eliminate shifting of materials.
- Make sure all items are secure and/or tied down as far away from the driver and vehicle occupants as possible.
- Ventilation is important to human health and safety, please roll down or crack a window in your vehicle to assure you and all vehicle occupants have access to fresh air.
Tips for Arriving Onsite:
- Use caution at all times.
- Exercise patience if traffic is congested.
- Expect to drive your vehicle in reverse in a parking lot setting.
- Please have proof of residency ready to present to a staff member.
Accepted Items Include:
Acids, aerosols, ammonia-based cleaners, bug spray, batteries, circuit boards, cleaning products, computer parts and accessories, disinfectants, drain cleaners, epoxies, fertilizers, fire extinguishers, flammable liquids, fluorescent bulbs, gasoline (in a DOT – Approved Container), glue, herbicides, kerosene, lye, microwaves, mothballs, oxidizers, oil and latex paint, paint thinner, pesticides, photo chemicals, poisons, polish, printers, propane (5-pounds max), rust remover, sealant, smoke alarms, solvents, spa chemicals, telephones, thermostats and wires.
Items Not Accepted:
- Waste from Businesses and Quantities over 50 lbs
- Graymar Environmental Services | (775) 857-8554
- Hero Environmental Services | (775) 900-4376
- Televisions, CRT Monitors and Bulky Electronics
- Intelligent Lifecycle Solutions | (775) 391-1319
- Large Household Appliances, Refrigerant, Medical Sharps, Automotive Batteries, Engine Oil and Antifreeze/Coolant
- Waste Management Transfer Station | (775) 831-2971
- Ammunition, Fireworks, Explosives and Flares
- North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District | (775) 831-0351
- Vitamins and Pharmaceuticals
- Crush, Don't Flush (link)
- Printer Ink, Hover Boards, Electric Scooters/Bikes/Mowers/Blowers and Solar Panels
- Contact Manufacturer
- Incandescent/Halogen/LED Light Bulbs, XMAS Lights and Empty or Dry Paint/Product Cans
For items we are unable to accept please refer to our Community Recycling Guide.