IVGID Whistleblower Procedure
Per the Incline Village General Improvement District's Whistleblower Procedure: It is the responsibility of all employees, Trustees, and volunteers to report Misconduct and/or reasonable suspicions of Misconduct in accordance with the District's Whistleblower Procedure. Other stakeholders of the District and the public may also report Misconduct in accordance with this Whistleblower Procedure.
“Misconduct” means (a) questionable or improper accounting or auditing matters, (b) violations and suspected violations of federal, state, local laws, and (c) violations and suspected violations of IVGID Ordinances, Policies, Practices and Resolutions.
“Misconduct” does not include minor, immaterial matters or routine workplace complaints or disciplinary matters which shall be processed under applicable Human Resources policies and/or applicable Memorandum of Understanding.
Click here for the full Whistleblower Procedure (PDF)
Reporting suspected misconduct
Trustees, employees and volunteers have the following options for reporting concerns that involve Misconduct and/or or reasonable suspicions of Misconduct:
- Discuss any suspected Misconduct with their immediate supervisor.
- Report the suspected Misconduct to the Director of Human Resources.
- If the Misconduct was reported verbally to the Director of Human Resources, the reporting individual, with assistance from the Director of Human Resources, shall reduce the Misconduct to writing.
- Report the suspected Misconduct to the Chair of the Board of Trustees.
- Should the suspected Misconduct implicate one or both of the General Manager or the Chair of the Audit Committee, this is the recommended reporting option.
- Report the suspected Misconduct to the Chair of the Audit Committee.
- Report the suspected Misconduct to any other Trustee. It is recommended that if a Trustee receives a report it is copied to the Chair of the Audit Committee – unless the Chair of the Audit Committee is implicated - to be investigated in accordance with the procedure described in the section Receipt, Retention, and Treatment – Role of the Audit Committee Chair.
- Submit concerns of suspected Misconduct anonymously using the online Whistleblower Reporting Form. Such submittals will automatically be routed to the Audit Committee Chair with a copy to the General Counsel.
The public may also submit suspected Misconduct and/or or reasonable suspicions of Misconduct to:
- The Audit Committee Chair by email at AuditCommittee@ivgid.org.
- Anonymously using the online Whistleblower Reporting Form. All anonymous allegations of Misconduct will be sent directly to the Chair of the Audit Committee with a copy to the General Counsel.
- Mail to 893 Southwood Blvd., Incline Village, NV 89451 - to the attention of "Audit Committee Chair, Strictly Confidential – Addressee only"
Online Whistleblower Reporting Form
The District has created an anonymous online form that you can use to report suspected misconduct.