Weekly Group Fitness Schedule
The Group Fitness Schedule normally remains the same from week to week but there could be slight changes to the instructor or seasonal classes.
Special Classes, Series, & Challenges
Additional group fitness classes, activities, workshops and series are offered seasonally like Yoga at the Beach or Winter Conditioning. Check the Fitness, Health & Welness page or below for an updated listing as classes are posted. Visit the Events Calendar to see what's coming up.
- Sports Conditioning/Circuit Training (Sundays, 9:00 am - 10:00 am, Gymnasium - back half): This class will focus on sports specific strength, flexibility, balance, endurance, agility and coordination. Each class will include a warmup, group drills, stretch, 10-station circuit, sports specific tips, and informational handouts. Free for Recreation Center Members or included with daily access.
- Sports Conditioning/Circuit Training for Golfers (Jun - Oct, Thursdays, 5:10 pm - 6:00 pm, Group Fitness Room): The Sports Conditioning Class on Thursdays will focus on summer sports and golf-specific strength, flexibility, balance, endurance, agility and coordination. Free for Recreation Center Members or included with daily access. View details.
- Golf Fitness at the Mountain Course (Jun 19 - Sept 11, Wednesdays, 9:30 am - 10:30 am, Mountain Golf Course): Join Ashley Wood, PGA Head Professional at the Mountain Golf Course, for a weekly class focused on stability and mobility exercises for golfers of all ages and levels. View details.
- GOL-FIT Challenge (Jun - Oct): Earn points for walking the courses when you play golf, taking a Golf Fitness class, attending a Sports Conditioning class, participating in the Parks & Rec hiking series, and more. View details.
- Tai Chi Chuan l Chi Gung Training with Dave Norehad (Mondays and Wednesdays through June 26) - view details below
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
This workout fuses Latin and African rhythms with easy to follow dance moves, creating a one-of-a-kind fitness program. Expect to burn about 500 calories while having fun!
A combination of cardiovascular and muscular conditioning. Instructors may vary their method of cardiovascular conditioning (i.e., Step, Circuit, HIIT, Boot Camp, or Kickboxing).
Muscular strength, endurance, and power exercises for the entire body. Hand weights, body bars, medicine balls, dynabands, and exertubes are used to ensure that you work every muscle in the body.
Get On The Ball
Fitness class that uses a large therapeutic ball to help improve core strength, flexibility, balance, and posture. Exercise on the ball changes the angles and planes of motion enabling you to work more muscle groups, with more efficiency and great results.
Flexibility, Core, & Balance
A dynamic strength and flexibility conditioning class that incorporates principles of mat Pilates, therapeutic ball training, gliding disc work and rhythmic movement to attack the “core muscle” groups. Develop your abs, back, hips, and torso for total body control and power; plus increase your range of motion, balance and good posture.
Tabata Cycle & Core
A Cardiovascular and Strength conditioning circuit class. Four minutes of core workout alternating with four minutes of cycle Tabatas. High energy, lots of fun.
High energy classes led by seasoned, motivated instructors who will help you power up the hills, speed through the sprints, and sustain maximum endurance on the flats! Space is limited…participation is first come, first served. Classes are included in the Membership Group Fitness Program.
Cycle & Strength
Class that combines cycling and strength conditioning 35-40 minutes cycling and 20-25 minutes of strength/core conditioning.
Features classical Pilates exercises performed on a mat that will provide a total body workout that strengthens the core, tones the hips and thighs, and flattens the abs.
Yoga, Gentle Yoga, 55+Yoga or Advanced Yoga
Combined movement classes that promote flexibility, balance, reduce stress, and prevent injury. A system of exercises for mental and physical health that promotes flexibility, balance and reduced stress. A Hindu philosophy that teaches a person to experience inner peace by controlling the body and mind.
A combination of cardiovascular, range-of-motion, flexibility and muscular conditioning exercises.
TRX Suspension Training is a complete workout that includes full body strength & cardiovascular fitness moves.
TRX Body Blast
An intense group training class with high speed exercises in a set arrangement. Driven by the beat of the music, organized by number of repetitions and quick transitions. This class is ideal for those who enjoy fun and high energy movements.
Tai Chi Chuan l Chi Gung Training with Dave Norehad
Maintain strength, flexibility & Balance: A study at Emory University found that those who practice Tai Chi reduce fall rates by 40% Slow the aging process: Harvard Medical School refers to Tai Chi as “Medication in Motion” due to its value in treating many health issues related to aging Improve stress response: Those who practice Tai Chi show a healthier response to the stressful demands of everyday life, business and interpersonal relationships.
Dave Norehad has studied and taught Tai Chi for over 12 years under the guidance of Master Willie Lim of Classical Dimensions, based in Arizona. Dave’s Tai Chi Chuan l Chi Gung Training will focus on the Yang style short form, developed and introduced to the western world by Master Cheng Man Ching over 50 years ago. Dave is a third generation student/trainer in the lineage of Master Cheng and is also an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Fitness Instructor. For more information contact Dave at 530.412.2015 or at TaiChi@davenorehad.com.
Days/Dates: Mondays and Wednesdays through June 26, 2019
Location: Recreation Center, 980 Incline Way
Fees: Per Session: $18, $15 w/IVGID Pass or Rec Membership
Punch Card: 11 Sessions for $180, $150 w/IVGID Pass or Rec Center Membership
Register online with the link at the top of the page! To register in person or by phone please visit the Recreation Center, 980 Incline Way, or call (775) 832-1310.