Health & Safety Updates: Visit the Health & Safety section below to review the current recommendations prior to planning your visit.
The Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID) manages four restricted-access beaches within Incline Village, Nevada, for the use of IVGID Picture Pass and Recreation Punch Card holders (with beach access), and their guests. Please review the access rules & restrictions for IVGID-managed beaches below.
The four IVGID-managed beaches - Ski Beach, Incline Beach, Burnt Cedar Beach and Hermit Beach - are located on Lakeshore Drive between the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort and State Route 28.
SKI BEACH: 967 Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451 (map)
Ski Beach has a boat launching facility, picnic areas, a bocce ball court and volleyball court. A creek runs through Ski Beach with lush grassy areas and trees to provide leisurely shady walks. There are kayak/canoe storage rentals and an easily accessible boat ramp.
INCLINE BEACH: 967 Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451 (map)
Incline Beach has a nice sandy beach and swimming area if you need to jump in the water to cool off. There are several picnic areas, a playground, a snack bar, and a full-service outdoor bar that offers a selection of drinks and cocktail service during the summer months.
BURNT CEDAR BEACH: 665 Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451 (map)
Burnt Cedar offers an outdoor pool with waterslide* and an adjacent toddler pool, a small sandy beach with protected swimming cove, a large grassy point with benches, a playground and multiple barbecue and group picnic areas. The full-service outdoor bar offers a selection of drinks with cocktail servers offering beach-side service. *Summer 2021- The Burnt Cedar Pool is closed for rennovations.
HERMIT BEACH: 967 Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451 (map)
Hermit Beach is the name of the small beach on the east side of Incline Creek, next to the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe.
Current Beach Hours
Incline Beach and Burnt Cedar Beach
- Walk in gates are open from 6:00am - 9:00pm
Ski Beach and Hermit Beach
- Walk in and kayak drop off available at 6:00am
- Boat launches available from 7:00am - 8:00pm (spring/summer). View more details on the Watercraft & Boat Launching page.
2021 Beach Admission Rates & Details
|Type of entrance||Pricing|
|Picture Pass Holders||Free|
|Adult (18+) Guest Access||$15*|
|Child (6-17) Guest Access||$5*|
|Young Child (0-5) Guest Access||Free|
|Daily Boat Launch Fee||view boat launch rates|
* Requires payment via Punch Card value or credit card (see details below)
Per IVGID Resolution 1884, during the 2021 beach season, beach access is available to the following:
- IVGID Picture Pass holders with beach access shall be allowed access to all restricted beaches upon presentation of their active IVGID Picture Pass;
- Recreation Punch Card holders with beach access shall be allowed access to all restricted beaches upon presentation of their active Recreation Punch Card and payment via the card. The Recreation Punch Card must have the full value of access available on the card. (Parcel owners are able to purchase up to a total of five (5) additional Recreation Punch Cards on their parcels at a cost of one-fifth (1/5) of the total applicable Facility Fee. This limit is consistent with Ordinance 7 and required to limit occupancy at District facilities.)
- IVGID Picture Pass holders who are present with their guest(s) at the gate, may pay for their guest’s access by credit card (no cash) at the rates above.
- Boat Launches at the Ski Beach Boat Ramp are available to valid IVGID Picture Pass and Recreation Punch Card holders with beach access. Full boat launching details.
For more information or questions on IVGID Beaches and related services please call 775-832-1330. If you don't have IVGID Beach acess, read the Regional Public Beaches section below for a listing of beaches that are open to the general public.
Ski Beach Live Web Cam
The Ski Beach live web cam has moved to its own page. View the Ski Beach web cam.
Incline Beach Snack Bar - IVGID's Beach Snack Bars, located at Incline Beach and Burnt Cedar Beach, offer a variety of summer favorites like hot fries, cold salads, burgers and a selection of Wild Bill's BBQ slow smoked meats.
- 2021 Snack Bar Hours of Operation:
- June 21 - Aug. 20: 11am-4pm, Daily (Incline Beach Only) Burnt Cedar is only operating Saturdays & Sundays
- Aug. 21 - Sept. 6: 11am-4pm, Friday - Sunday (open Labor Day as well)
- 2021 Snack Bar Menu (PDF)
Tiki Bars - Cool down with a refreshing drink or cocktail at the outdoor bars located at Incline Beach and Burnt Cedar Beach. Order at the Barefoot Bar or look out for the cocktail servers offering beach-side service during peak periods. Visit the Incline Spirits Barefoot Bar Facebook Page or InclineSpirits.com for information and live music schedule.
Maps, Picnic Areas
- Access to the beaches shall be by valid IVGID Picture Pass and Recreation Punch Card. Trespassing is prohibited at all times.
- Vehicle parking is allowed in designated areas only. All vehicles in violation of parking restrictions shall be subject to towing at owner’s expense.
- Launches at the Ski Beach Boat Ramp are available to valid IVGID Picture Pass or Recreation Punch Card holders with beach access.
- No smoking or vaping policy except in designated areas. Please check with District Staff at venues for designated areas.
- Glass of any kind is prohibited on all beach properties. Plastic cups are available at the beach gate.
- Park legally and at your own risk
- Pets are prohibited on Incline and Burnt Cedar Beaches at all times. Dogs are allowed on Ski Beach during the off-season (generally from October 15 – mid-April) only.
- Amplified sound devices not permitted without prior District permission.
- Skateboards are prohibited on all beach properties.
- Swimming is allowed in the designated swim areas only.
- All hard shell watercraft, other than non-motorized inflatables, are prohibited in the designated swim areas. Motorized watercraft must maintain a minimum distance of 200 feet from designated swim areas.
- Personal charcoal grills are prohibited.
- The vehicle speed limit within all District Parks and Beaches is 5 mph at all times.
- Any diving or jumping off rocks or boat ramp is prohibited at all times.
- All open fire is strictly prohibited.
- Children 10 years and younger must be supervised by a parent or guardians at all times.
- The kayak/paddleboard storage racks located on Ski and Hermit Beaches are available for long term rentals. Any boats/boards stored incorrectly on beach property will be taken to an offsite storage area and fees will apply. Absolutely, no subleasing of rack spots.
- Commercial and drone photography is prohibited on all District Properties unless authorized by the District General Manager or designee.
- The District, or its representatives, shall have the right to refuse access to any individual or group.
- The District, or its representatives, also reserves the right to remove individuals from the beaches.
- Should any of these rules be violated in any way, the District and its agents shall have the authority to revoke recreation privileges in accordance with the rules established by the District in Ordinance No. 7 (Recreation Pass Policy).
- Please observe "pop-up tent zones." Pop-up are allowed on the grass areas at the beaches. Umbrellas are allowed on the sand.
- Zero Tolerance Policy: Abusive behavior of staff or other customers will not be tolerated. All District rules must be adhered to. Recreation privileges MAY be suspended for any period deemed appropriate or privileges may be revoked at District’s sole discretion.
Standard beach rules updated 4/29/2021. Please see additional rules below...
- Masks or face coverings are recommended when indoors or when distancing is not possible outdoors.
- Social distancing is recommended.
- All processing is touchless and must be executed by the guest by using the scanners provided.
- Payment for watercraft launching products at Ski Beach Gate will be by credit card only touchless transactions and must be executed by the credit card holder.
- Hand sanitizing stations are provided.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 can lead to severe illness and deaths, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting any IVGID venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Visit the CDC for more guidance on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Additional Cleaning and Safety Precautions
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing measures have been implemented, including but not limited to:
- Frequent hard surface disinfecting
- Increased handwashing
- Hand sanitizing stations for staff and the public
- Restrooms will close frequently for cleaning throughout the day
Watercraft and boat launching at the Ski Beach Boat Ramp is only available to valid IVGID Picture Pass or Recreation Punch Card holders with beach access. View daily rates, rules, and information on the Watercraft and Boat Launching page.
More Beach Information
Geese become a problem at our beaches when they feed on the turf, rest, stay overnight and leave their droppings. Find out more about Geese Patrol, Incline Village's canine-powered geese control solution.
Dogs are currently not allowed on Ski Beach. Dogs are only allowed on Ski Beach after the beaches close for the season, typically October 15 through mid-April, and only when accompanied by an owner with beach access. We greatly appreciate your efforts to keep Ski Beach and Lake Tahoe as clean and pristine as possible. Thanks again for cleaning up after your pooch.
Water Safety - Boating & Swimming Safety in Lake Tahoe
Whatever your sport of choice is on the lake, please educate yourself about the colder temperatures of Lake Tahoe and check the weather before you head out. The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District has provided some great tips and reminders in this "Boat Smart. Swim Smart" article.
There are many public beaches around the Incline Village and North Lake Tahoe area that are open to visitors such as Sand Harbor, the Kings Beach Recreation Area, North Lake Tahoe Beach Center, Agatam Beach and Patton Beach. For information about these beaches, parks and activities in North Tahoe, visit the Incline Village/Crystal Bay Visitors and Convention Bureau or download the Tahoe Beaches app.