COVID-19 Updates: The Incline Village General Improvement District strives to provide access to our public spaces, including IVGID-managed beaches, while staying in compliance with state and local government regulations around proper social distancing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please click here for updates to beach access policies and obey all signage and staff guidance at the beaches.
Current Beach Hours:
Incline and Burnt Cedar Beaches
Walk in gates open at 7:00 a.m - 9:00 p.m
Walk in and kayak drop off available at 7:00am
Boat launches available with at least 24 hours advance reservations. Please call 775-832-1330 for reservations or any questions.
Additional Rules: See COVID-19 Beach Operations Update
Non-compliance with these updated rules will result in the closure of all Incline Village Beaches.
Access to IVGID Beaches (Ski Beach, Incline Beach and Burnt Cedar) is restricted to IVGID Picture Pass and Punch Card holders with beach access.
IVGID Beaches are located on Lakeshore Drive between the Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe Resort and State Route 28.
Ski Beach Live Web Cam
Beaches, Parks & Facilities Information
- Map of IVGID Beaches, Parks & Facilities
- Group Picnic Area Rental Application
- 2020 Season Watercraft Launch Pass Application
Summer 2021 Beach Admission Rates Coming Soon
967 Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451
Ski Beach has a boat launching facility, picnic areas, a bocce ball court and volleyball court. A creek runs through Ski Beach with lush grassy areas and trees to provide leisurely shady walks. There are kayak/canoe storage rentals and an easily accessible boat ramp.
967 Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451
Incline Beach has a nice sandy beach and swimming area if you need to jump in the water to cool off. There are several picnic areas with big grills to fit a dozen burgers on, a playground, and a snack bar that serves a variety of refreshments and beach items during the summer season.
Burnt Cedar Beach
665 Lakeshore Blvd, Incline Village, NV 89451
Burnt Cedar offers an outdoor pool with waterslide and an adjacent toddler pool, a small sandy beach with protected swimming cove, a large grassy point with benches, a playground and multiple barbecue and group picnic areas. The snack bar offers a variety of summer favorites and the full-service outdoor bar offers a selection of drinks with cocktail servers offering beach-side service.
Beach Rules & Regulations
- Access to the beaches shall be by valid IVGID Picture Pass and Recreation Punch Card. Trespassing is prohibited at all times.
- Vehicle parking is allowed in designated areas only. All vehicles in violation of parking restrictions shall be subject to towing at owner’s expense. Preferred Parking program is available for Picture Pass Holders during peak summer.
- No smoking or vaping policy except in designated areas. Please check with District Staff at venues for designated areas.
- Glass of any kind is prohibited on all beach properties. Plastic cups are available at the beach gate.
- Pets are prohibited on Incline and Burnt Cedar Beaches at all times. Dogs are allowed on Ski Beach from October 15th – April 15th only.
- Amplified sound devices not permitted without prior District permission.
- Skateboards are prohibited on all beach properties.
- Swimming is allowed in the designated swim areas only.
- All hard shell watercraft, other than non-motorized inflatables are prohibited in the designated swim areas. Motorized water craft must maintain a minimum distance of 200 feet from designated swim areas.
- Personal charcoal grills are prohibited.
- The vehicle speed limit within all District Parks and Beaches is 5mph at all times.
- Any diving or jumping off rocks or boat ramp is prohibited at all times.
- All open fire is strictly prohibited.
- Children, 10 years and younger, must be supervised by a parent or guardians at all times.
- Group picnic areas are available for reservation for a fee, by calling the Incline Parks and Recreation Department 775-832-1310. Must be valid IVGID Passholder.
- The kayak/paddleboard storage racks located on Ski and Hermit Beaches are available for long term rentals. Any boats/boards stored incorrectly on beach property will be taken to an offsite storage area and fees will apply. Absolutely, no subleasing of rack spots.
- Commercial and drone photography is prohibited on all District Properties unless authorized by the District General Manager or designee
- Beach Chairs are available on a first come, first serve basis. No excessive saving of beach chairs. Personal belongings left unattended for more than one hour on beach chairs are subject to removal.
- The District, or its representatives, shall have the right to refuse access to any individual or group.
- The District, or its representatives, also reserves the right to remove individuals from the beaches.
- Should any of these rules be violated in any way, the District and its agents shall have the authority to revoke recreation privileges in accordance with the rules established by the District in Ordinance No. 7 (Recreation Pass Policy).
- Please observe "Pop up" zones. Pop up are allowed on the grass areas at the beaches. Umbrellas are allowed on the sand.
- Zero Tolerance Policy adopted April 2004: Abusive behavior of staff or other customers will not be tolerated. All District rules must be adhered to. Recreation privileges MAY be suspended for any period deemed appropriate or privileges may be revoked at District’s sole discretion.
These standard IVGID Beach Facilities Rules and Regulations were updated 4/3/2020. Additional rules and regulations may apply during COVID-19. Please see additional rules above or on the Beaches COVID-19 Update page.
Beach Site Analysis
Read more about the IVGID Beaches Site Analysis Presentation (PDF) and the future of the IVGID beaches.
IVGID Beaches Geese Patrol
Geese become a problem at our beaches when they feed on the turf, rest, stay overnight and leave their droppings. Find out more about Geese Patrol, Incline Village's geese control solution.
Off-Season Dog Policy
Dogs are only allowed on Ski Beach after the beaches close for the season, typically October 15th through mid-April. We greatly appreciate your efforts to keep the Village Green, Ski Beach and Lake Tahoe as clean and pristine as possible. Thanks again for cleaning up after your pooch.
Regional Public Beaches
There are many public beaches around the Incline area for visitors such as Sand Harbor, the Kings Beach Recreation Area, North Lake Tahoe Beach Center, Agatam Beach and Patton Beach. For information about these beaches, parks and activities in North Tahoe, visit the Incline Village/Crystal Bay Visitors and Convention Bureau or download the Tahoe Beaches app.