The Incline Village General Improvement District (IVGID) manages four restricted-access beaches within Incline Village, Nevada, for the use of IVGID Picture Pass and Recreation Punch Card holders (with beach access), and their guests. Please review the access rules, restrictions and daily access rates for IVGID-managed beaches on the Incline Village Beaches page.
Ski Beach Boat Launch
The Ski Beach Boat Launch is not open to the public; it can only be accessed by IVGID Picture Pass or Punch Card holders for launching boats and jet skis.
- Walk in and kayak drop off available at 6:00am.
- Beach Gate Hours: 6:00am – 9:00pm daily
- Boat launches available from 7:00am - 8:00pm daily
- All boats must return to Ski Beach boat ramp by 8:00pm
- Gates will be locked promptly at 9:00pm
Ski Beach Boat Launch Web Cam & Forecast
Lake Tahoe water level and wave conditions vary. Boaters are encouraged to know and understand water level and wave conditions and the impact on safe boat launching or retrieval before using the Ski Beach Boat Ramp.
Aquatic Invasive Species Inspections Required
The IVGID Boat Ramp at Ski Beach has been following the TRPA Code Amendments that require all boats entering Lake Tahoe be inspected and sealed by a Certified Invasive Species Inspector. IVGID is determined to do its part to try and keep Quagga Mussels, Zebra Mussels, New Zealand Mud Snails and other aquatic invasive species out of Lake Tahoe. Please visit www.TahoeBoatInspections.com for inspection locations, hours, fees, etc.
Open now through October 31, following the ramp schedule adjusted for weather conditions, a seal inspector will be on-site 7 days per week at the Ski Beach Ramp for those boats who have an intact boat seal. Boats requiring a full inspection will be rerouted to official TRPA Inspection stations – the nearest being at Spooner Summit, with an alternate location near the entrance to Northstar California resort.
Watercraft Launch Passes
Annual Watercraft Launch passes for boats and jet skis are available to IVGID Picture Pass holders. Annual passes are valid from May 1 - April 30. Daily launch passes are also available to IVGID Picture Pass and Punch Card holders at the Ski Beach Gate. For more information pleaase call 775-832-1330.
Daily Watercraft Launch Pass: Vehicle w/Trailer (Boat & Jet Ski) - $22
Available at the Ski Beach kiosk. Daily watercraft launch passes are non-refundable.
Annual Watercraft Launch Pass: Vehicle w/Trailer (Boat & Jet Ski) - $225
Available at the Ski Beach kiosk or Parks & Recreation Counter inside the Incline Village Recreation Center. Bring your valid IVGID Picture pass, current permanent vessel registration in the resident's name, current driver’s license and complete an application.
Watercraft Prelaunch Service Event:
The Beach Staff typically offers a Prelaunch Service, exclusively for Picture Pass Holders, at the end of May in the Aspen Grove Parking lot. This service provides an opportunity to take care of your prelaunch boating business before the holiday rush. Check back in the spring for information about the 2022 Watercraft Prelaunch Service Event.
Off-Season Boating (Nov. 1 - March 31)
- Off-season Beach Gate Hours: Burnt Cedar, Incline Beach, and Ski Beach will be open: TBD
- Boat launch appointments will be available by calling 775-832-1330 with 24 hours in advance notice.
The following measures have been implemented at the Incline Village General Improvement District to keep the health and safety of our users and staff a priority. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as rules and regulations may change at any time due to changes in state and local COVID-19 guidelines. Visit this page often for updates.
Please do not attempt to launch a boat if you feel sick, are experiencing a fever, cough, other COVID-19 related symptoms, or have been in contact with someone who is sick.
Before Boat Launching
- Present a valid IVGID Picture Pass or Recreation Punch Card.
- Present a current watercraft registration.
- Verify, through inspection, that your watercraft has an intact Tahoe, Fallen Leaf or Echo seal.
- No cash. Credit cards are accepted for Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) stickers and Annual Passes. Recreation Punch Cards and credit cards are accepted for boat launches and guest access. All transactions must be executed by the participant using the scanners provided.
- Remain in your vehicle while waiting to launch.
- Masks or face coverings are recommended when indoors or when distancing is not possible outdoors.
- Social distancing is recommended.
- Staff will inspect all boats at the gate to ensure inspection seals are intact before boats are allowed to proceed to the ramp.
- Safely pull your boat onto the ramp to be inspected and sealed by the inspector.
- Remain in your vehicle and turn your engine off while seal is being applied.
- Boaters must leave the property immediately after seal is applied.
- Unloading of passengers, cleaning or wiping down boats is not permitted in the Ski Beach ramp area. Passengers may be unloaded in the Aspen Grove or overflow parking lots.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place. COVID-19 can lead to severe illness and deaths, especially for senior citizens and individuals with underlying medical conditions. By visiting any IVGID venue, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Visit the CDC for more guidance on how to protect yourself and others from COVID-19.
Water Safety - Boating & Swimming Safety in Lake Tahoe
Whatever your sport of choice is on the lake, please educate yourself about the colder temperatures of Lake Tahoe and check the weather before you head out. The North Lake Tahoe Fire Protection District has provided some great tips and reminders in this "Boat Smart. Swim Smart" article.