COVID-19 Updates: The Incline Village General Improvement District strives to provide access to our recreation venues, including Aquatic Programs, while staying in compliance with state and local government regulations around proper social distancing during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Please check back for updates. Please obey all signage and staff guidance at venues.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Class
This sanctioned course encompasses: Lifeguarding, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, First Aid & AED Certifications. All applicants must be able to pass a skills pre-requisite swim test. Must attend all classes and completer all online course work to be eligible for final exam.
Recreation Center Pool
Fee: $205, $165 w/IVGID Pass
We are currently awaiting the American Red Cross’ clearance for lifeguard classes to begin.
Swim Lessons are for ages 6 months to 12 years:
- Parent/Tot ~ Suggested age 6 mos - 3 yrs
- Class A: An introduction to the pool for infants and toddlers. Parent(s) will be in the water with child while an instructor guides the group through activities.
- Class B: An introduction to Preschool Level 1 skills including some work on the platform with parent support.
- Level 1 ~ Introduction to water skills. Students will learn how to feel comfortable in the water and safely enjoy it. Skills include working on back floats, front floats, introduction to front and back crawl and correct body position.
- Level 2 ~ Fundamental water skills. For swimmers comfortable in 3 ½ ft. of water, can immerse their face, and do both a front and back float with assistance. Focus on the components of front crawl and backstroke.
- Level 3 ~ Stroke development. For swimmers beginning to learn and master the early components of front crawl and backstroke. Focus on breath control and enhanced comfort in the water. Participation requires the child must have completed Level 2 or be able to breath rhythmically and jump into deep water and recover into a back float unassisted.
- Level 4 ~ Stroke improvement. For swimmers who can perform forward progression with front crawl and backstroke at least 15 yards. Students will put previous skills to use and will work heavily on side breathing with freestyle. Some diving/water entry from the side of the pool will also be covered.
- Level 5 ~ Stroke refinement. For students who can swim front crawl and backstroke at least 15 yards and tread water for 30 seconds. Swimmers will work on all competitive strokes and endurance on all strokes will be increased.
- Pre-Swim Team ~ Students who have completed Level 5 will focus on training tools that help you become a fitness swimmer. Focuses on flip turns, stoke technique, and water exercise principals. If you like this class you might consider joining our recreation swim team!\
Private & Semi-Private Swim Lessons (all ages)
Beginner Springboard Dive Private & Semi-Private Lessons, all ages
Private lessons are available with certified Water Safety Instructors outside of group lesson times. To make a private lesson request, please call the Aquatics Office at (775) 832-1321. All private lessons are subject to availability of instructor staff. Lessons must be paid for in advance of taking the lesson. Payment must be made at the Parks & Recreation Department Counter.
½ hour lesson (one student) $42, $33 w/IVGID Pass or 5 Pack: $188, $148 (w/IVGID Pass)
½ hour lesson (2 students same level) $55, $44 w/IVGID Pass or 5 Pack: $254, $202 (w/IVGID Pass)
Swim Team (Monthly)
Pre- Swim Team
Students who have completed Level 5 in swim lessons will focus on training tools that help you become a fitness swimmer. Focuses on flip turns, stoke technique, and water exercise principals. If you like this class you might consider joining our recreation swim team!
- 2 days per week - $52/$42 w/IVGID Pass. Any 2 days M-Th 4:45-5:30pm
- 3 days per week - $76/$61 w/IVGID Pass. Any 3 days M-Th 4:45-5:30pm
- 4 days per week - $102/$82 w/IVGID Pass. All 4 days M-Th 4:45-5:30pm
Location: Incline Recreation Center Pool
Northern Nevada Aquatics Requirements:
- Ages 6 and up (younger upon coach approval)
- Athletes need to try out before registering
- Must be water safe and able to swim one length each of freestyle and backstroke
- Must be able to listen and follow directions
- Basic understanding of all 4 competitive strokes
Northern Nevada Aquatics is associated with USA Swimming and focuses on improving technique, efficiency and endurance in all four strokes, as well as perfecting starts and turns. Athletes may participate in USA Swimming meets.
- Non-competition 3 days per week - $139, $111 w/IVGID Pass (does not pay outside NNA fee); any 3 days M-F 5:30-7:00pm
- Competition 3 days per week - $66, $53 w/IVGID Pass; any 3 days M-F 5:30-7:00pm
- Competition 5 days per week - $110, $88 w/IVGID Pass; M-F 5:30-7:30pm
Swim Around Tahoe (all ages)
To complete this program you can swim in the pool, the lake or whatever facility you desire. Write down your mileage and we will track your progress. Upon completion of your 71 mile journey, you will receive a t-shirt and your name on “the finishers” plaque at the pool. If you are ready to get in shape, sign up at the Rec Center and get started! Swim Around Tahoe is open to all swimmers.
Registration: $34, $27 (w/IVGID Pass); Registration is due May 1, and good for one year
Master Swim Program
This free program will allow you to meet fellow swimmers and teammates who will help with exercise accountability. Also available for a fee: monthly clinics and a competitive team option. All swim level workouts are created by a USA or USMS Coach. Please call the Aquatics office for more information at (775)832-1321.